Dental Caps/Crowns are a type of dental restoration placed over a tooth to cover the tooth to restore the size, shape and strength and also improve its appearance.
Dental Bridges cover or bridge the gap created by one or more missing teeth. A bridge helps to prevent the teeth from moving out of place. Once the bridge is placed it works just like your natural teeth.
Dental Crown/ Caps and Bridges are needed for following reasons:
- To protect the decayed tooth or to hold together parts of a cracked tooth.
- To restore the tooth that has been worn down
- To cover a dental implant
- To make a cosmetic modification.
- To protect a root canal
- To correct the malaligned or tilted teeth
- To cover a large filling where not enough tooth structure is remaining.